Friday, January 11, 2008

Hello there teeny baby in my tummy

Well, according to the lines on the tests I've been doing for the past three days, it seems that you are really here bobbing about in my belly! Just for the record, your mum doesn't usually obsessively leap out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off to race to the bathroom and gleefully wee on a stick. In fact, on a whim I weed on TWO STICKS AT ONCE on the first morning I tested. You can be proud of your mum and her multi-tasking skills.

I have one test left, and I think I'll do that in a week's time again as it's still very early days. In fact, my period is actually due today ... so I have been the early bird catching the worm. I just knew something was different this month.

I have had VERY SORE boobs since new year and, last Saturday, when it was 35 degrees, I was absolutely exhausted. Your dad and I were looking for a nice Danish sideboard to go in our new house (which only has a metal floor at the moment. But the garage is concreted!) and I was complaining about the heat A LOT.

I haven't exercised once this week, but I think my body is telling me to relax, so I will! I've got a lot of writing to do, but I'm so excited and worried and foggy knowing that you are there, that I can't concentrate one bit. For the past few days I have had tummy cramps (not bad ones) an achey lower back and feel very gassy and bloated (URK!), which is all quite similar to how I feel when I have PMS. So, hopefully things are all normal. It's a little bit confusing. I have made an appointment to see Dr Wendy on the 21st, so she will probably do a blood test and tell me what's what.

Your dad is in Bangkok and then LA for another 10 days so I have to keep zipped and not say a peep, which is very VERY difficult. I know that he doesn't want to know over the phone (I got these instructions directly. Your dad had his suspicions you might be here this month) and I really need to tell somebody about this, so that's why I've started this blog. In the meantime, i am thinking about an excellent way to give him the happy news when he gets home. I had thought of setting up a scene of Playmobil characters (mum, dad, and baby) ... or maybe some balloons or a little cake.

The first thing I did when I saw those lines coming up (very faintly because it was so early) was hug myself in the mirror, then pray, and then, while I was in the shower, asked my Pa Pa and Auntie Jo to watch over you and me and make sure we're ok. I then started singing "Did you hear the news today?", which was me completely bungling the words to 'A Day in the Life' by the Beatles. I know this is quite a sad and inappropriate song to sing ... but it has a nice melody!

So Mum's a tripper. It didn't take long for you to discover that one.

I love you!